Saturday, January 21, 2006

An Emergency Poem written quickly, and some quotes...

2002
Everytime I heard their evil words
In that gathered room in that house
I sat still and believed in him,
(and messed up
messed up)

When I heard them again
I hollered and cried
broke windows
threw myself, fought and cut my hands

As the men slept
I wandered down the stairs and tried to wake him lying there
whispered;

'Wake up! Wake up!'

'Shut up! Go away!'

I lay down in the hallway dying,
I hummed slow words
that I forget,
Waiting for someone to lift me up,
And imagined I was holding someone elses hand.

I could have run, run, run
I even tried to hitch hike and was caught.

Torn by love
they locked me up
and brought me back to bleed my heart...

now I have beaten my wings, and wait, wait, wait...

Psalms 119

Vav

May your unfailing Love come to me, O Lord
Your salvation according to your promise,
Then I will answer the one who taunts me,
for I trust in your word.
Do not snatch the word of Truth from my mouth,
for I have put my hope in your laws.
I will always obey your law,
for ever and ever.

I will walk about in freedom,
for I have sought out your precepts.
I will speak of your statutes before kings
and will not be put to shame,
for I delight in your commands
because I love them.
I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love,
and I meditate on your decrees.

breaking changing...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home